26 May 2010

VectorNav Sensor

I soldered on the VN-100 AHRS (Acceleration Heading Rotation Sensor) from VectorNav. I've setup the sensor to output the yaw, pitch, and roll since I need that information to steer the payload module during its descent. You can see that the yaw, pitch, and roll are output in a NMEA formatted sentence in the picture below. The sensor has 3-axis accelerometer, magnetic sensors, and 3-axis gyro that it uses to create the yaw, pitch, and roll.













































The Honeywell IPT sensor also arrived in the mail today. It's much smaller than I expected and the protective cover on the pressure sensing tube is...well...interestingly shaped... Hopefully over the weekend I'll be able to put all the functions together into a nice data logging package and get started on the servo controls.

No comments:

Post a Comment