02 July 2010

How sweet it is

Not only is it Friday, it's the Friday after payday, the weather is perfect, I got off work early, and I'm heading to beautiful Montana in a few hours. Looking at the forecast for the Billings,MT area I see that there are predictions of thunderstorms for the next two days... I'm still hopeful that it will be clear skies tomorrow at 2pm for the launch, but it may be delayed until Sunday or possibly Wednesday if things look cloudy. I'm moving the launch site to the side of Hwy 312 somewhere just north of Fromberg, MT. I'm concerned that the original site is a little too close to the airport and the winds look strong so I'll need to adjust to keep the landing in a cellphone friendly area. I'll post another update tonight when I can feel for myself what the weather is like in Billings.

To all thieves planning on ransacking my apartment:
Do you really want to try stealing things from a guy that designs crazy electronic stuff? Who knows what might be waiting for you inside...

UPDATE!!!
The weather looks a bit cloudy, but the launch will go ahead as planned from Fromberg, MT. The lat/long is 45.413430, -108.889972 which is just a bit south of Montaqua Rd. There is a pulloff on the west side of the road where we'll be in a white pickup filling up a big balloon. The fun should start at about 1:45.

The DC airport didn't have them in my size, but I thought about it haha


Somewhere over the Dakota's dreaming about what the pictures would look like from 3 times this altitude

No comments:

Post a Comment